Monday, September 26, 2011

past my bedtime





Went for a ride along the Allegheny with the camera the other night. I'd probably do that more often if my tripod didn't weigh as much as me. Brainstorming some sort of camera equiptment portaging system for Little Red.

Here's little red:


There's a few things I really dig about this shot. It's about a twenty (or thirty? a pro would take note, I suppose) second exposure. The aquamarine line that's parallel to the bridge is a party boat pulling up the shore. Another reason I pat myself on the back; I ran into the shot during the last few seconds to turn on the tail light. Otherwise, it would have been too bright. It's a mighty bright light, so's I don't get hit by cars.




I took this one earlier in the evening. I used to shoot other people's graffiti all the time, whenever I saw it. Then I started feeling like a cheat, like I was taking credit for their work. Like when somebody takes a photo of a statue. Ever since the graffiti brigade started seriously cracking down on public art, and members of the community started dying off (figuratively AND literally), this genre of photography started to seem more like documentary than just thievery.



This isn't one of my favorites, but I think it has potential. This spot under the convention center is just so damn cool, but when it's empty it's a lot like shooting a statue. I'd love to go back there with a gaggle of cyclists, headlight's ablaze, and take a more engaging long exposure. Time will tell if I can get my ass in gear to do such a thing.

Please, oh pretty please pass your peepers over the rest of the set on flickr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're alive!