Thursday, October 9, 2008

the thursday afternoon slack-off


No photo jobs to work on today, so I got to just enjoy my camera. I took a handful of photos of my quail's eggs (and some chicken eggs for funsies) in the nice, soft light of my kitchen window. I love the quality of light that my apartment gets in the late afternoon.

They all looked so lovely when I uploaded them that I decided to leave them completely unedited. I'll be posting them to flickr shortly for you to enjoy.

Eggs are a lovely subject. With the right light, it's not hard to get an aesthetically pleasing image, I think. Anyway, also got some more photos of the animals and a few new Mariage Blanc photos.
The Mariage Blanc shoot was a little tricky since it was at night and my subjects were a little drunk. That made it tough to get clear long exposures like I had planned. Also forgot to bring along my wide angle lens so shooting in the basement where the light was decent was also tough. Had to do quite a bit of maneuvering just to fit them all in the frame. This one is probably my favorite as far as what I think would look good in the City Paper, which is where it is going to end up. I hope they pick this one, too.


I'll have the rest of these sets and more shortly on flickr and deviantart. In the meantime, have a look at this nice website about Duane Michaels, just because he's great. You can see one of my favorite sequences of his on there called "Chance Meeting". I leave you with the only photo that I got of the fireworks that I found to be in any way interesting.


No comments: